Hey guys, I’m back with another round of the Most Popular Answers Contest! As with previous iterations, all you need to do is fill out this form with what you think the most popular answer to each of the 10 prompts will be. The more people that choose the same answer as you, the more points you get. As per usual, the person with the most points will win.
The rules are the same as last time, but just as a refresher:
- Answers need not be correct. If I asked people to name a color on the American flag and 3 people said green, they would each get 3 points.
- Misspellings and synonyms where it’s obvious what the person is going for count as part of the original answer. So for instance, if I asked for a type of electronic and 10 people said television, 4 said TV, and 1 said tellevision, they would each get 15 points.
- Answers that are specific cases of other answers are not grouped. Continuing from the previous answer, if another 3 people said “flat-screen television”, they would only get 3 points (and the other 15 would still only earn 15 points).
- Not attempting to give an answer (e.g. “I don’t know”, “No clue”, etc.) will only get one point, unless someone else happens to answer the same way verbatim.
- To get a final score for each person, I will add up the logarithm of the scores of each of their questions. This rewards consistency but doesn’t overly punish someone for badly missing just one question.
Good luck and have fun! You have until 12 PM Eastern Time on Saturday, June 27th to give me your answers, and results will (hopefully) be posted the following day.